Kilmarnock 1
Dundee Utd 0
League (SPL)


1 - 0

Dundee Utd

League (SPL)
Saturday, January 20th, 2007
Rugby Park. Att. 4,732
3:00 PM Kick-off

Peter Leven (61) None.

Team Managers
Jim Jefferies Craig Levein

Starting Eleven
Alan Combe
Grant Murray
Frazer Wright
Garry Hay
James Fowler
Mohammed Sylla
Simon Ford
Peter Leven
Steven Naismith
Rocco Quinn
Allan Johnston
Derek Stillie .1
Christian Kalvenes .2
Lee Wilkie .4
Seán Dillon .16
Garry Kenneth .18
Greg Cameron .17
Craig Conway .15
Mark Kerr .7
David Robertson .25
Jon Daly .9
Collin Samuel .20

Graeme Smith
Danny Invincibile
Rhian Dodds
Stephen Murray
Jamie Adams
Colin Nish
Andrew Barrowman
Euan McLean .21
Lee Mair .5
Stuart Duff .12
Alan Archibald .6
Keith Watson .36
Morgaro Gomis .29
David Goodwillie .26

Colin Nish for Grant Murray (46)
Rhian Dodds for Simon Ford (70)
Danny Invincibile for Rocco Quinn (81)
Stuart Duff for Mark Kerr (46)
David Goodwillie for Craig Conway (58)

None. Lee Wilkie (50)
Jon Daly (75)

Red Cards
None. None.

Match Officials

Mike Tumilty (Referee)

Match Report

A well worked goal from Peter Leven during a second half dominated by Kilmarnock was enough to hand United a single goal defeat. Derek Stillie also saved a Naismith penalty whilst a Jon Daly chance should have had United ahead at the interval.

Craig Levein rang the changes from the side that started the Cup victory over St Mirren. Greg Cameron replaced the suspended Barry Robson and Christian Kalvenes returned from injury to take over from youngster Keith Watson. Also starting were Sean Dillon and Lee Wilkie, who had returned from a loan spell at Ross County. Watson dropped to the bench, as did Lee Mair and Alan Archibald. Killlie had former United keeper Alan Combe between the posts and also starting were new signings Momo Sylla and Rocco Quinn.

The opening period was very mediocre with neither side taking control. Killie had the better of the opening quarter but United sprung to life after 20 minutes when Conway squared a pass to Kenneth who hit the target but Combe tipped over. Five minutes later United should have been ahead when Daly sprung the offside trap. Combe charged from his line which allowed Daly to stroke the ball past him but unfortunately for the Irishman he hit the side-netting.

The second period was a completely different story with the introduction of half time sub, Colin Nish proving crucial for Kilmarnock. The home side had a great opportunity with minutes in when they were awarded a penalty after a challenge by Kenneth on Quinn. Naismith took the penalty but he was denied by a save from Stillie. Just after the hour they did take a deserved lead when Johnston and Hay combined to set up Leven who drilled the ball past Stillie. Killie continued to control the game and towards the end a fine curling shot from Alan Johnston was brilliantly tipped round the post by the United keeper.

Squad Statistics (as at January 20th, 2007)

2006-07 All Time
Derek Stillie (GK)33 27 - 61 -
Seán Dillon23 2 - 2 -
Christian Kalvenes29 201201
Lee Wilkie26 2 - 2 -
Garry Kenneth19 132433
David Robertson20 184295
Mark Kerr24 28 - 1385
Greg Cameron18 21 - 28 -
Craig Conway21 26 - 26 -
Jon Daly24 3 - 3 -
Collin Samuel25 28511915
Stuart Duff (sub)24 2311554
David Goodwillie (sub)17 13 - 231

League Table (as at January 20th, 2007)

No league table has been added for this season.