Kilmarnock 1
Dundee Utd 1
League (SPL)


1 - 1

Dundee Utd

League (SPL)
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011
Rugby Park. Att. 5,120
3:00 PM Kick-off

Conor Sammon (41) Garry Kenneth (90)

Team Managers
Mixu Paatelainen Peter Houston

Starting Eleven
Cammy Bell
Tim Clancy
Garry Hay
Frazer Wright
Mohamadou Sissoko
Jamie Hamill
Liam Kelly
Manuel Pascali
Marinho Rui Miguel
Conor Sammon
Alexei Eremenko
Dušan Perniš .1
Seán Dillon .2
Barry Douglas .17
Keith Watson .23
Prince Buaben .15
Scott Robertson .8
Craig Conway .6
Morgaro Gomis .16
David Goodwillie .25
Johnny Russell .27
Jon Daly .9

Anssi Jaakkola
James Fowler
Billy Berntsson
Mehdi Taouil
David Silva
Matthew Kennedy
William Gros
Steve Banks .13
Garry Kenneth .18
Ross Smith .34
David Robertson .12
Stuart Armstrong .43
Andis Shala .20
Danny Cadamarteri .10

Mehdi Taouil for Marinho Rui Miguel (88) Danny Cadamarteri for Craig Conway (64)
Garry Kenneth for Johnny Russell (70)
Stuart Armstrong for Morgaro Gomis (76)

Manuel Pascali (29) Scott Robertson (54)
Jon Daly (55)

Red Cards
Alexei Eremenko (54) Scott Robertson (60)
Jon Daly (65)

Match Officials

George Salmond (Referee)

Match Report

A last-minute Garry Kenneth thunderbolt earned nine-man United a deserved point against ten-man Kilmamock. A first-half goal from in-form striker Connor Sammon appeared to have given Kilmarnock victory before substitute Kenneth popped up with a 35-yard right foot strike. In an actionpacked 90 minutes, Alexei Eremenko saw red for Kilmamock before Scott Robertson and captain Jon Daly were dismissed for United during an eventful second half. Peter Houston again faced selection problems and with Garry Kenneth suffering a dead leg on Tuesday, Jan Daly took his place in the centre of defence while United welcomed back Craig Conway for his first start since October.

Mohamadou Sissoko was the first to threaten from a Killie corner after three minutes but his instinctive header went well wide. United's first sight of goal came after 20 minutes as a neat flick from David Goodwillie allowed Prince Buaben to bear down on goal but he dragged his right-foot shot wide of the goalkeeper's left-hand post. Killie then raced up the other end of the pitch before Alexei Eremenko made space for his 25-yard shot that just slipped past the post. Rui Miguel then forced Pernis into a one-handed save as he struck a decent shot from just inside the box as the game continued to flow. United were inches away from taking the lead after 33 minutes. David Goodwillie did well to close down Frazer Wright, and the ball spun into his path with a clear sight of goal. But agonisingly, his efifort came agonisingly back off the far post where Hay was able to clear off the line as Scott Robertson waited to pounce. The end-to-end nature of the game continued and the breakthrough came after 41 minutes, but unfortunately by the home side. In-form striker Connor Sammon was involved early on in a move that ended in the Irish striker netting at the back post after Eremenko's low driven ball missed everyone else. It was the Irishman's 17th of the season and his third in three against United and gave the home side the psychological edge before the interval

The match took a controversial twist just eight minutes into the second half. Scott Robertson was adjudged to have fouled Eremenko but the Finnish player chose to lash out at the United midfielder in retaliation and referee George Salmond incensed the home crowd by showing a straight red, with Robertson himself receiving a booking for the original challenge and Jon Daly a yellow for trying to quell the situation. Both cautions were to prove crucial just minutes later. Numbers evened themselves out quickly as Robertson then saw red - an ill-advised tug on Miguel earning him a second yellow. The referee's red card was Hashed just five minutes later as captain Jan Daly was left to rue his earlier booking as he received a second for a seemingly innocuous aerial challenge with Sammon, leaving United's nine men up against Kilmarnock's ten. Amongst the flurry of cards, Rui Miguel should have done better for Kilmarnock when firing over after being played in by Sammon. The goalscorer was again provider minutes later as he laid the ball off to Jamie Hamill who cracked his shot off the post. Pernis then had to look lively to block a long-range Hay shot as the home side piled on the pressure in an attempt to get a crucial second goal. However, it was to be United who struck an unlikely late blow. Substitute Garry Kenneth, on for Johnny Russell, scored a wonder goal in the last minute. With the Kilmarnock defence standing off him. Kenneth advanced and fired a right-foot thunderbolt from fully 35 yards that left Bell in the Killie goal helpless and the Arabs behind his goal delirious as United took home an unlikely point.

Man of the Match: Garry Kenneth was the hero for United but his defensive colleague Sean Dillon was a rock at the heart of the United defence on an afternoon full of turmoil.

Squad Statistics (as at January 22nd, 2011)

2010-11 All Time
Dušan Perniš (GK)26 23 - 48 -
Keith Watson21 18 - 31 -
Barry Douglas21 15 - 15 -
Seán Dillon27 2411453
Prince Buaben22 2411229
Scott Robertson25 22 - 645
Morgaro Gomis25 2411627
Craig Conway25 11 - 14813
Jon Daly28 24410228
David Goodwillie21 231211032
Johnny Russell20 142204
Garry Kenneth (sub)23 2211507
Stuart Armstrong (sub)18 5 - 5 -
Danny Cadamarteri (sub)31 14 - 384

League Table (as at January 22nd, 2011)

No league table has been added for this season.